Bibliography of Research Sources
- Ames Historical Society. “Rationed Goods in the U.S. During WWII.” Accessed June 2016.
- Arthurdale Heritage, Inc. “New Deal Homestead Communities.” Accessed June 2016.
- Bruns, James H. Great American Post Offices. United States of America: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1998.
- Denny, Diana. The Saturday Evening Post. “Classic Art: Rockwell Visits a Ration Board.” Last Modified May 17, 2012
- Digital Public Library of America. “America’s Great Depression and Roosevelt’s New Deal: Farm Security Administration (FSA).” Accessed July 15, 2016.
- Gernsheim, Helmut Erich Robert. Encyclopedia Britannica. ”History of Photography.” Last modified April 15, 2016.
- Gorman, Juliet. Oberlin College of Arts and Sciences. “The History of the Farm Security Administration.” Last Modified May 2001.
- Indiana University Libraries. “Celebrating New Deal Arts and Culture: Documenting America.” Accessed July 21, 2016.
- Millerchip, Amber. U.S. Air Force. “’Flying Sergeants’ Helped Forge Air Force Legacy.” Last modified March 11, 2003.
- Rural Migration News. “Farm Labor in the 1930’s.” Accessed July 15, 2016.
- Scheele, Carl H. A Short History of the Mail Service. Washington DC: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1970.
- The White House. “Franklin D. Roosevelt.” Last modified 2006.
- USPS. An American Postal Portrait: A Photographic Legacy. Harper Resource, 2001.
- Zebrowski, Carl. America in WWII. “Busy With the Blitz Proofing.” Last modified October 2005.
Top image: The Postmaster of Benson, Minnesota (John Vachon 1939)