The mailing industry consists of all the organizations and companies that communicate with customers and constituents through the U.S. Mail on a large scale — from direct marketers, to publishers, to nonprofits, to public entities — as well as all the businesses that help prepare mail, such as ad agencies, print shops, software vendors and transportation providers.
The following companies have joined the National Postal Museum to help tell the story of America’s Mailing Industry.
- Catalogs and Mail Order
- Direct Mail Marketing, Ad Agencies, and Designers
- Envelope Manufacturers
- Equipment Manufacturing
- Financial Services Industry
- Forest Products and Paper Manufacturing
- Fulfillment and Parcel Shippers
- Letters and Mail Shops
- List Brokers, Data Processing, Software, and Document Management
- Logistics and Transportation
- Magazine Publishers
- Newspaper Publishers
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Printing and Printers