Map of Mural Locations
Themes of murals by color of marker on map:
- Introduction = Black »
- Indian Lifeways and the Native Artist = Teal »
- Indian Lifeways and the Non-Native Artist = Orange »
- Encounter = Yellow »
- Trade and Commerce = Green »
- Evangelization = White »
- Conflict = Magenta »
- Treaties = Purple »
- The Myth of Extinction = Blue »
- Legend and Lore = Gray »
- The Creative Man series of four murals by Edward Biberman were originally in the Los Angeles, California Post Office. In 1965, the post office vacated the building where the Creative Man murals were displayed and they were placed in storage where they remain to this day. They are not on this map.
- Sir Walter Raleigh and First Landing on NC Shore by Dean Cornwell, originally in a Morganton, North Carolina Post Office, was destroyed in 1963. It is not on this map.