German mail wagon model
- Robert Liebzcher of Dresden, Germany, created this model of a four-wheeled Kaiser Deutsche Post, German mail wagon in the late nineteenth century. A single horse pulled this style mail wagon. German mail vehicles and mailboxes have long sported the distinctive yellow coloring used to designate the nation's postal system.
- R. F. D. News, November 14, 1914.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Transportation Equipment & Models
- wood; leather; metal
- Height x Width x Depth (approximate): 36.8 x 26.7 x 86.4cm (14 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 34in.)
- Germany (German empire)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- International Postal Operations
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.