- Search the Collection
- New Jordan House Owney tag
New Jordan House Owney tag
- W. F. Jordan, the proprietor of the New Jordan House, presented this tag to Owney in honor of his visit to Brookings, South Dakota. There is no available information to indicate the date that this tag was presented to Owney. The tag was originally manufactured by W. W. Wilcox of Chicago, which was a major manufacturer of railroad baggage tags and similar metal items in the late nineteenth century. The Wilcox company produced at least two other Owney tags: 0.052985.173 and 0.052985.24.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- Height x Width: 1 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. (4.45 x 3.81 cm)
- South Dakota
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- On View
- Currently on exhibit at the National Postal Museum
- Popular Culture
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.