Atlanta, Georgia Owney tag
- There is no available information to indicate when this tag was presented to Owney by the staff or proprietor of the Ballard Transfer company of Atlanta, Georgia. The tag was originally manufactured by W. W. Wilcox of Chicago, which was a major manufacturer of railroad baggage tags and similar metal items in the late nineteenth century. The Wilcox company manufactured other baggage tags that were presented to Owney.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- metal (brass)
- Height x Width: 1 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. (4.45 x 3.81 cm)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Popular Culture
- The Gilded Age (1877-1920)
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.