- Search the Collection
- Brooklyn, New York Owney tag
Brooklyn, New York Owney tag
- Owney received this dog license tag while visiting Brooklyn, New York in 1891. The tag provided for Owney to legally be on the streets of the city. There is no information on who purchased the tag for the dog.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- Height x Width: 5/8 x 2 5/16 in. (1.59 x 5.87 cm)
- New York
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.