Nashville, Tennessee Owney tag
- Many of Owney’s travels were celebrated in local newspapers. Newspaper reporters were second only to postal employees in their interest in the wandering canine. Owney received this token from the Nashville Banner, a newspaper that was published in Nashville, Tennessee from 1876-1998. The token notes that it was presented to the dog in April 1892.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- April 1892
- Object number
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- Height x Width x Depth: 2 3/16 × 1 3/4 × 1/16 in. (5.56 × 4.45 × 0.16 cm)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Popular Culture
- The Gilded Age (1877-1920)
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.