Hotel Key Check Owney tag
- The locations of some of the tokens Owney received on his journeys are impossible to track down. This diamond-shaped metal token is marked simply “E 33 H” and offers no clues to its origin. It is similar in markings to hotel key tokens Owney received along his journeys, but without additional information it is impossible to definitively identify it as such.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- metal (brass)
- Height x Width: 4 x 3 in. (10.16 x 7.62 cm)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- On View
- Currently on exhibit at the National Postal Museum
- Popular Culture
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.