Railway Mail Service Washington, D.C. Owney tag
- Owney received this token from James E. White’s office. White served as the General Superintendent of the Railway Mail Service from 1890 to 1907. The token, dated April 18, 1892, is a reminder of the admiration and respect Owney held in even the highest office of the nation’s Railway Mail Service.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- April 13, 1892
- Object number
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- Height x Width: 2 1/8 x 1 3/4 in. (5.4 x 4.45 cm)
- District of Columbia
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- The Gilded Age (1877-1920)
- Popular Culture
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.