Graf Zeppelin non-flown souvenir postcard
- Albert Lehmann was a steward on board the Graf Zeppelin in 1928. With access to the red onboard marking, he created this souvenir on October 11, 1928. Because the outward/return flight of the America flight did not go via his hometown--Offenburg, Germany--but flew a route sixty kilometers south, there was no chance for a drop. Someone did Lehmann a favor and postmarked these cards to order with a backdated postmark.
- For further information, see Heinz Oberdrevermann, "Geschichte und Geschichten um Albert Lehmann," SBZ (Swiss Stamp Magazine) October 1993: 305-307. Also search www.arago.com for other Albert Lehmann mail flown by zeppelins.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Covers & Associated Letters
- paper; ink
- Germany (German empire)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- John P. V. Heinmuller Collection of Zeppelin Covers
- Covers & Letters
- Record ID
- Not determined