Graf Zeppelin Swiss Flight postcard
- This postcard was dispatched on board the LZ127 Graf Zeppelin during its first Swiss flight on September 26, 1929. The card has German postage of 15 pfg for the international postcard rate tied by the zeppelin's onboard postmark. Only 36 items were dropped over Basel but they were not found not until October 18, 1929. They received a blue cachet "Verspätet aufgefunden" that means found delayed, however, the origin of this cachet is unknown.
- The Swiss Airmail Catalogue by Roland Kohl refers to "Abwurfversuche," or trial drops, on these Swiss flights (Sieger 35, 36 37). However, no further information has been reported regarding this.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Covers & Associated Letters
- paper; ink ( ) /
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Sieger Catalog 35.l
- John P. V. Heinmuller Collection of Zeppelin Covers
- Covers & Letters
- Record ID
- Not determined