Louisville & Nashville mail car model
- The prototype for this model train car is a Louisville & Nashville Railroad Railway Post Office (RPO) car. This model train is an HO-scale model, which stands for Half-O gauge. Each HO-scale model is 1/87th of the full-size prototype.
- A surviving example of a Louisville & Nashville Railroad RPO car is car #1100, currently on exhibit at the Steamtown National Historic Site at Scranton, Pennsylvania. The builder was American Car and Foundry Company in 1914. It is an example of a first-generation steel-body RPO car.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Transportation Equipment & Models
- wood; metal
- 1.75 x 1.25 x 9.25 in. (4.445 x 3.175 x 23.495 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Record ID
- Not determined
Related Object Groups