- Search the Collection
- 50c Recall of Columbus single
50c Recall of Columbus single
- Design of the stamp is taken from a painting by A.G. Heaton entitled "Recall of Columbus". Printed in sheets of 100, cut into panes of 50 for distribution. A few sheets of 100 remain intact today, as well as panes of 50. Quantity issued: 243,750.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- American Bank Note Company
- Christopher Columbus, Italian, 1451 - 1506
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (slate blue) / engraving
- Height x Width: 1 x 1 1/2 in. (2.54 x 3.81 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- On View
- Currently on exhibit at the National Postal Museum
- Scott Catalogue USA 240
- National Stamp Collection
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.