- Search the Collection
- 15c General Bernardo de Galvez single
15c General Bernardo de Galvez single
- The 15-cent General Bernardo de Galvez commemorative stamp was first placed on sale at New Orleans, Louisiana, on July 23, 1980. Galvez, a major contributor to the winning of the American Revolution, relinquished his governorship of Spanish Louisiana, organized a military force, and launched a campaign aimed at defeating the British.
- The stamp was designed by Roy H. Andersen and issued in sheets of fifty.
- Postal Bulletin (June 19, 1980).
- mint single
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- July 23, 1980
- Object number
- Bernardo de Galvez, Spanish, 1746 - 1786
- Roy Andersen
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink ( ); adhesive
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 1826
- Military & Policing Forces
- Hispanic Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.