RMS clerk chest badge, number 74996
- U.S. Post Office Department Postal Transportation Service (PTS) chest badge, number 74996, with vertical hinged pin and clasp on verso. Spread eagle clutching arrows and olive branch surmounts oval medallion with a U superimposed on an S, thirteen stars surrounding it; lower portion has branches on either side of a raised crest with the badge number.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Associated Organization
- Railway Mail Service (RMS), 1838 - 1977
- Employee Gear
- metal (nickel plated brass)
- Height x Width x Depth: 2 1/4 x 2 x 1/2 in. (5.72 x 5.08 x 1.27 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Postal Employees
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.