- Search the Collection
- 29c Congress In Session single
29c Congress In Session single
- The Postal Service issued its 29-cent World War II commemorative stamps September 3, 1991, in conjunction with the American Legion's national convention in Phoenix, Arizona. Each commemorative sheet features ten individual stamps in two rows of five, one above and one below a Mercator-projection world map entitled, "1941: A World at War."
- Designed by William H. Bond, the stamps were printed through the intaglio/offset process by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
- Reference: Postal Bulletin, August 22, 1991
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- September 3, 1991
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ lithographed; engraved
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 2559j
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Military & Policing Forces
- Political Figures
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.