- Search the Collection
- 5c Jefferson Davis single
5c Jefferson Davis single
- Unused, imperforate, single stamp was one of two hundred on the sheet printed by Hoyer & Ludwig of Richmond, Virginia. Each sheet consisted of four groups of fifty varieties arranged in two panes of one hundred, each without imprint.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Hoyer & Ludwig, Richmond, Virginia
- Jefferson Davis, American, 1808 - 1889
- Postage Stamps
- paper (soft porous); ink (green)/ lithographed
- Overall: 2.8 x 2.2cm (1 1/8 x 7/8in.)
- Confederate States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue CSA 1
- Civil War and Reconstruction (1860-1877)
- U.S. Related Areas
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.