- Search the Collection
- 25c Jesse Owens single
25c Jesse Owens single
- Five of the greatest American Olympic athletes of the first half of the twentieth century were honored on the Postal Service's Olympic stamps issued July 6, 1990, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Featured athletes Jesse Owens, Ray Ewry, Hazel Wightman, Eddie Eagan, and Helene Madison garnered gold medals and international acclaim in an era before television brought instant fame for Olympic feats.
- Designed by Bart Forbes, the stamps were printed in the photogravure process by the American Bank Note Company and issued in panes of thirty-five.
- Postal Bulletin (June 14, 1990).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- July 6, 1990
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 2496
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Black Heritage
- Organizations & Associations
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.