350 lire St. Mary Major's Basilica single
- On March 23, 1993, Vatican City issued a series of ten definitive stamps featuring images of Vatican architectural treasures. At the top of each stamp appears the name of the building portrayed. At the bottom appear the Papal Tiara and Crossed Keys, the words CITTA DEL VATICANO, and the value.
- The 350-lire stamp depicts the rear and apse of the Basilica of St. Mary Major, Rome, designed by Carlo Rainaldi in 1673.
- The stamps are horizontal in format, measuring 36 x 28 mm with a perforation of 11¾ x 44¼. Helio Courvoisier S.A. of Switzerland produced the stamps on white chalky paper in multicolored rotogravure print. The stamps were issued in sheets of twenty.
- Crimando, Thomas I. "New Issues." Vatican Notes 42, no. 2 (September 1993): 1, 12.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- March 23, 1993
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink / photolithographed
- VATICAN CITY (independent city state)
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue Vatican City 919
- International Stamps & Mail
- Record ID
- Not determined