- Search the Collection
- 29c Zasu Pitts single
29c Zasu Pitts single
- The Postal Service honored stars of the silent screen with the issuance of ten 29-cent commemorative stamps on April 27, 1994, in San Francisco, California. This issuance was held in conjunction with the opening of the thirty-seventh San Francisco International Film Festival.
- The Silent Screen Stars stamps feature ten of America's legendary movie performers -- Theda Bara, Clara Bow, Lon Chaney, Charlie Chaplin, John Gilbert, Buster Keaton, the Keystone Cops, Harold Lloyd, Zasu Pitts, and Rudolph Valentino.
- Designed by Al Hirschfeld of New York, the stamps were printed in the combination offset/intaglio process by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and issued in panes of forty.
- Postal Bulletin (April 14, 1994).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- April 27, 1994
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ lithographed; engraved
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 2824
- Stars of Stage & Screen
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Women's Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.