- Search the Collection
- 29c Carter Family single
29c Carter Family single
- The Postal Service celebrated country music with the issuance of four 29-cent stamps on September 25, 1993, in Nashville, Tennessee. The four stamps feature legendary performers of country music -- Patsy Cline, the Carter Family, Hank Williams, and Bob Wills.
- The Country Music stamps are a part of the Postal Service's Legends of American Music Series, which began earlier that year with the issuance of the Elvis Presley stamp. Other stamps featured that year in the new series include, Hank Williams, Rock & Roll/Rhythm & Blues, and the Broadway Musicals stamps.
- The Legends of American Music series continued for several years, featuring great performers from all genres of American music, including jazz, blues, and popular music.
- Richard Waldrep of Baltimore, Maryland, designed the stamps. Stamp Venturers, Inc., printed the sheet stamps in the photogravure process. The booklets were printed by the American Bank Note Co. in the photogravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (September 16, 1993).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- September 25, 1993
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 2776
- Music & Musicians
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Women's Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.