- Search the Collection
- 32c Theodore Roosevelt single
32c Theodore Roosevelt single
- The Postal Service issued the Celebrate The Century: 1900s souvenir sheet, on February 3, 1998, in Washington, DC.
- The souvenir sheet features subjects from the following categories: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyles, Sports, and Science and Technology. The fifteen commemorative stamps are titled: The Model T Ford; President Theodore Roosevelt; "The Great Train Robbery," 1903; Crayola Crayons; 1904 St. Louis World's Fair; 1906 Pure Food and Drugs Act; Kitty Hawk, 1903; Ash Can Painters; Immigrants Arrive; John Muir, preservationist; "Teddy" Bear created; W.E.B. Du Bois, social activist; Gibson Girl; First Modern World Series; and Robie House, Chicago.
- Designed by Carl Herrman of Laguna Niguel, California, and illustrated by Richard Waldrep of Sparks, Maryland, the stamps were produced by Ashton-Potter USA in the offset/intaglio process.
- Postal Bulletin (January 1, 1998).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- February 3, 1998
- Object number
- Theodore Roosevelt, American, 1858 - 1919
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive / lithography
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3182b
- Military & Policing Forces
- Political Figures
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.