- Search the Collection
- 32c Jim Thorpe single
32c Jim Thorpe single
- The Postal Service issued the Celebrate The Century: 1910s Souvenir Sheet on February 3, 1998, in Washington, DC.
- The souvenir sheet features subjects from the following categories during the 1910s: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyles, Sports and Science and Technology. The fifteen commemorative stamps in the sheet are titled: Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp; Federal Reserve System, 1913; George Washington Carver; Armory Show, 1913; Telephone Spans the Nation; Panama Canal Opens, 1914; Jim Thorpe, Star at Stockholm; Grand Canyon National Park, 1919; US Enters World War I; US Boy and Girl Scouting Begins; President Woodrow Wilson; First Crossword Puzzle, 1913; Jack Dempsey Wins Title, 1919; Construction Toys; and Child Labor Reform.
- Designed by Howard Paine of Delaplane, Virginia, and illustrated by Dennis Lyall of Bridgeport, Connecticut, the stamps were produced by Ashton-Potter USA in the offset/intaglio process.
- Postal Bulletin (January 1, 1998).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- February 3, 1998
- Object number
- Jim Thorpe, American, 1888 - 1953
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive / lithography
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3183g
- American Indian Heritage
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.