- Search the Collection
- 20c Virginia single
20c Virginia single
- A pane of fifty 20-cent commemorative stamps featuring the official birds and flowers of the fifty states in the United States was issued April 14, 1982, in Washington, DC. Handstamp pictorial cancellations were available in each state capital.
- The designers of the stamps were Arthur and Alan Singer of Jericho, New York, and the modeler was Peter Cocci. The stamps were printed in the photogravure process, with fifty stamps per pane.
- Postal Bulletin (March 11, 1982).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- April 14, 1982
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 1998
- The Cold War (1945-1990)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.