- Search the Collection
- 29c Columbus Landing in Puerto Rico single
29c Columbus Landing in Puerto Rico single
- The Postal Service commemorated the 500th anniversary of Columbus landing in Puerto Rico with the issuance of a 29-cent commemorative stamp on November 19, 1993, at the Centro de Bellas Artes in Washington, DC. The stamp features two caravel ships approaching land.
- In addition to the First Day of Issue ceremony, selected post offices in Puerto Rico participated in local stamp ceremonies and offered special 500th anniversary pictorial cancellations.
- Designed by artist Richard Schlecht of Arlington, Virginia, the stamps were printed in the photogravure process by Stamp Venturers, Inc., and issued in sheets of fifty.
- Postal Bulletin (November 11, 1993).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- November 19, 1993
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive / photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 2805
- Hispanic Heritage
- Ships & Waterways
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.