- Search the Collection
- 32c Empire State Building single
32c Empire State Building single
- The Postal Service issued the Celebrate The Century: 1930s souvenir sheet on September 10, 1998, in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The souvenir sheet features 1930s subjects from the following categories: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyles, Sports, and Science and Technology. The fifteen commemorative stamps in this sheet are titled: President Franklin D. Roosevelt; Empire State Building; Life Magazine; First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt; FDR's New Deal; Superman Arrives 1938; Household Conveniences; Walt Disney's Snow White Debuts; Gone With the Wind; Jesse Owens, Six World Records; Streamline Design; Golden Gate Bridge; America Survives the Depression; Bobby Jones Wins Grand Slam 1930; The Monopoly Game.
- Designed by Howard Paine of Delaplane, Virginia, and illustrated by Paul Calle of Stamford, Connecticut, the stamps were printed by Ashton-Potter (USA) in the offset/intaglio process.
- Postal Bulletin (August 13, 1998).
- 32-cent mint single
- Issued September 10, 1998
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- September 10, 1998
- Object number
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (blue); adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 3/16 × 1 3/16 in. (3.02 × 3.02 cm)
- New York
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3185b
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.