- Search the Collection
- 33c International Style of Architecture single
33c International Style of Architecture single
- The Celebrate The Century: 1940s souvenir sheet was issued on February 18, 1999, at Dobbins Air Force Base, Georgia. The sheet went on sale nationwide the same day.
- Designed by Carl Herrman of Laguna Niguel, California, and illustrated by Howard Koslow of Toms River, New Jersey, the souvenir sheet features 1940s subjects from the following categories: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyles, Sports, and Science and Technology. The fifteen commemorative stamps in this sheet are titled: World War II; Antibiotics Save Lives; Jackie Robinson; President Harry S. Truman; Women Support War Effort; TV Entertains America; Jitterbug Sweeps Nation; Jackson Pollock, Abstract Expressionism; GI Bill 1944; Big Band Sound; International Style of Architecture; Postwar Baby Boom; Slinky Craze Begins 1945; "A Streetcar Named Desire," Broadway Hit 1947; and Orson Welles' "Citizen Kane."
- Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., produced the stamps in the offset/ intaglio process.
- Postal Bulletin (January 28, 1999).
- Issued February 18, 1999
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- February 18, 1999
- Object number
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (brown); adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 3/16 × 1 3/16 in. (3.02 × 3.02 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3186k
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.