- Search the Collection
- 32c Alfred Hitchcock single
32c Alfred Hitchcock single
- The Postal Service issued a 32-cent Alfred Hitchcock commemorative stamp on August 3, 1998, in Los Angeles, California. This was an addition to the Legends of Hollywood Series.
- Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980) was a British filmmaker and producer largely known for films of the suspense and thriller genres. On the stamp appears a laser cut profile of Hitchcock in the upper left corner.
- Designed by Richard Sheaff of Scottsdale, Arizona, the stamps were printed by Senett Security Products in the gravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (July 16, 1998).
- Scott 2007 Specialized Catalogue of United States Stamps and Covers. Scott Publishing Co. (October 2006): 244.
- LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD
- Alfred Hitchcock
- 32-cent mint single
- Issued August 3, 1998
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- August 3, 1998
- Object number
- Alfred Hitchcock, British, 1899 - 1980
- American Packaging Corporation
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolor); adhesive
- 4 x 2.5 cm (1 9/16 x 1 in.)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3226
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Stars of Stage & Screen
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.