- Search the Collection
- 10c Thomas Jefferson single on cover
10c Thomas Jefferson single on cover
- Confederate States Thomas Jefferson stamp (CSA Scott 2a), cancelled by manuscript "X". The manuscript cancelled town of origin is Stony Point, Virginia and the date is "Dec 3/(18)62" on an envelope addressed to Castle Hill, Virginia. The stamp is a "Stone Y" printing.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- DEC 3, 1862
- Object number
- Covers & Associated Letters
- paper; ink (milky blue)/ handwritten
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue CSA 2e
- Civil War and Reconstruction (1860-1877)
- Covers & Letters
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.