5c Archer & Daly “Richmond Print” on cover
- Pair of 5-cent Jefferson Davis stamps (CSA Scott 7), tied by Richmond, Virginia, April 26, 1863, circular date stamp on envelope addressed to Cobham, Virginia.
- Engraved by Thos. De La Rue, Ltd., a London, England, company hired by Postmaster General John H. Reagan to supply the Confederate states with quality postage stamps. Printed in Richmond by Archer and Daly.
- The postage rate was increased to ten cents for all distances on July 1, 1862.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- April 26, 1863
- Object number
- Covers & Associated Letters
- paper; ink (blue)/ handwritten, handstamped
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue CSA 7
- Civil War and Reconstruction (1860-1877)
- Covers & Letters
- Record ID
- Not determined