- Search the Collection
- 37c "Age and Its Symbols" single
37c "Age and Its Symbols" single
- The Postal Service issued twenty 37-cent Masters of American Photography commemorative stamps on June 13, 2002, in San Diego, California. The pane of twenty stamps designed by Derry Noyes of Washington, DC, went on nationwide June 14, 2002.
- The Masters of American Photography Issue honors twenty of our country's most important and influential photographers and includes examples of portrait, documentary, landscape, and fine art photography. Many of the major themes and events in US history, immigration, the Great Depression, and World War II, are captured in these compelling black-and-white stamp art images.
- Sennett Security Products printed 60 million stamps in the gravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (May 16, 2002).
- serpentine die cut 10 1/2 x 10 3/4
- "Age and Its Symbols" by Imogen Cunningham
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- June 13, 2002
- Object number
- Imogen Cunningham, American, 1883 - 1976
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink / photogravure
- Height x Width: 1 15/16 × 1 1/4 in. (4.92 × 3.18 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3649q
- Art & Photography
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Women's Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.