- Search the Collection
- 37c Alvin Ailey and Dancers single
37c Alvin Ailey and Dancers single
- The 37-cent American Choreographers commemorative stamps were issued on May 4, 2004, in Newark, New Jersey. Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland, designed the stamps.
- The stamps honor four extraordinary choreographers -- George Balanchine, Martha Graham, Agnes de Mille, and Alvin Ailey. Each left a profound mark on the language of dance. Each stamp contains a collage that features a photographic portrait of the choreographer. Some of the stamps also show members of the choreographer's company dancing.
- Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., printed 57 million stamps in the offset process.
- Postal Bulletin (April 29, 2004).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- May 4, 2004
- Object number
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolor); self-adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 × 1 9/16 in. (2.54 × 3.97 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3841
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Stars of Stage & Screen
- Black Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.