- Search the Collection
- 10c Jefferson Davis CSA Type II single
10c Jefferson Davis CSA Type II single
- CSA 10-cent Jefferson Davis. Issued imperforate except for a small number of sheets experimentally perforated. Line engraved on steel by Frederick Halpin, transferred to steel printing plates, and printed by Archer & Daly, Richmond, Virginia. There are numerous minute differences between Type I and Type II, but the most easily discernable is the filling-in of the corner scrolls and the presence of a light outer line framing the entire design.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Archer & Daly
- Postage Stamps
- paper (white wove paper of strong texture and varied thickness); ink (dark blue, wide range of shades from milky to greenish blue); gum (colorless)
- Confederate States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue CSA 12d
- U.S. Related Areas
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.