- Search the Collection
- 1c John C. Calhoun single
1c John C. Calhoun single
- Imperforate, engraved in relief on steel, electrotyped and flat bed printed by Thomas De La Rue & Co., Ltd., London, England. Delivered in half sheets of two hundred. The central design is a portrait of John C. Calhoun, engraved by F. Joubert. The one-cent value was never issued, thus no genuinely used copies exist.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- thin white wove hard-surfaced paper paper; ink (shades from pale dull to deep orange); gum (transparent colorless)
- Height x Width: 1 1/16 x 7/8 in. (2.7 x 2.22 cm)
- Confederate States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- On View
- Currently on exhibit at the National Postal Museum
- Scott Catalogue CSA 14a
- National Stamp Collection
- U.S. Related Areas
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.