39c Katherine Anne Porter single
- The Postal Service issued a 39-cent Katherine Ann Porter commemorative stamp on May 15, 2006, in Kyle, Texas. Derry Noyes of Washington, DC, designed the stamp.
- Considered a master prose stylist, writer Katherine Anne Porter (1890-1980) won the National Book Award and the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1966 for the "Collected Stories of Katherine Anne Porter," which was published in 1965.
- Thirty million stamps were printed by offset/microprint "USPS" process. This stamp marked the twenty-second stamp in the Literary Arts Series.
- Postal Bulletin (March 30, 2006).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- May 15, 2006
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ lithographed
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 4030
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Women's Heritage
- Political Figures
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups