- Search the Collection
- 34c Snowboarding single
34c Snowboarding single
- The Postal Service issued four 34-cent Winter Sports commemorative stamps in a self-adhesive pane of twenty in Park City, Utah, on January 8, 2002. The stamps, designed by the firm of Jager Di Paola Kemp of Burlington, Vermont, went on sale nationwide January 9, 2002.
- The cold temperatures and snowy conditions that keep many inside during the winter are essential for athletes who take part in winter sports. In 2002, the Postal Service recognized the competitive drive of these athletes by issuing a pane of twenty stamps depicting four popular winter sports: figure skating, ice hockey, snowboarding, and ski jumping.
- Sennett Security Products printed 80 million stamps in the gravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (December 13, 2001).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- January 8, 2002
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3553
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Organizations & Associations
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.