34c Year of the Horse single
- The Postal Service issued a 34-cent 2002 Lunar New Year, Year of the Horse commemorative stamp in New York, New York, on February 11, 2002. The stamp, designed and illustrated by Clarence Lee of Honolulu, Hawaii, went on sale nationwide January 15, 2002.
- In the 2002 Chinese lunar calendar, the Year of the Horse began on February 12. The US Postal Service marked the occasion with the issuance of the tenth stamp in the award-winning Lunar New Year Series.
- The Banknote Corporation of America, Inc., printed 70 million stamps in the offset process with microprinting "USA." The stamp was issued in a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) pane of twenty.
- Postal Bulletin (December 13, 2001).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- January 8, 2002
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored) / lithographed
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3559
- Holidays & Celebrations
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups