DCSIMG

DC-3

Fig. 22: On 1 February 1944, more emphasis was given to the name Cubana by the omission of the word Nacional. After the end of the Second World War, modern equipment was acquired, with DC-3s, pictured here, replacing Lockheed L-10 Electras. Pan American’s ownership was reduced to a 52% shareholding at the end of 1945, and progressively reduced to complete Cuban ownership on 23 July 1954.