The Republic of Cuba (6)
The Columbia Barracks postal station, located in the
suburbs of Havana, was established on February 18, 1899,
and was the successor to United States Military Postal
Station No. 10. It was operated under U.S. military authority
until noon on May 20, 1902, when the office was turned
over to Cuban postal authorities.
Apparently activated again as a military post during
the North American military intervention of 1906, this
cover was posted by the Chief Colonel of Regiment No.
1 stationed there, on July 29, 1909.
Vol. II, p.45: Havana to Connecticut.
29 July, 1909.