29c Year of the Boar single
- The Postal Service celebrated the Lunar New Year, Year of the Boar, with issuance of a 29-cent commemorative stamp on December 30, 1994, in Sacramento, California. The stamp features a boar, the last animal in the series of twelve animals of the Chinese zodiac. Chinese characters on the bottom left of the stamp read in English, "Year of the Boar," and the "Happy New Year!" greeting appears in the upper right corner.
- Designed by Clarence Lee of Honolulu, Hawaii, the stamps were printed in the photogravure process by Stamp Venturers, Inc., and issued in sheets of twenty.
- Postal Bulletin (December 8, 1994).
- 11.2 horizontal perforations x 11.1 vertical perforations
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- December 30, 1994
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive / photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 2876
- Holidays & Celebrations
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups