32c Year of the Tiger single
- The Postal Service issued a 32-cent Year of the Tiger commemorative stamp, on January 5, 1998, in Seattle, Washington. .
- The stamp is the sixth design of the Lunar New Year commemorative stamp series, which began with the Rooster issued in 1992, followed by the Dog in 1994, the Boar in 1994, the Rat in 1996, and the Ox in 1997. The series demonstrates the designer's talent with special paper-cut designs.
- Designed and illustrated by Clarence Lee of Honolulu, Hawaii, the stamp was printed by Stamp Venturers, Inc., in the gravure process and issued in gummed panes of twenty.
- Postal Bulletin (December 18, 1997).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- January 5, 1998
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive / photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3179
- Holidays & Celebrations
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage conditions apply
Related Object Groups